Harvard Business - HBX CORe Program
The Language of Business
RISD Careers is pleased to announce our collaboration with Harvard's HBX CORe Program which will provide you with the fundamentals of business from Harvard's Business School. If you apply and are accepted into their sessions, you'll be eligible for scholarship support from Harvard if you're also currently receiving financial aid from RISD.
• Learn business skills online at Harvard!
• Prior business experience or coursework is not required.
• HBX utilizes Harvard Business School's proven case method and social learning experience to help you develop real world analytical and problem solving skills.
• Whether you imagine a future big company, a tiny start-up, or a nonprofit, HBX CORe teaches you the essentials of business - Business Analytics, Economics for Managers, and Financial Accounting - through immersive case studies and a fully interactive online platform.
• Each activity in CORe - a video, an interactive learning exercise, or a reading assignment - is designed to be completed in just three to five minutes to keep you engaged and interested.
• The CORe program expects you to learn, but also to mix it up with others in the learning environment, to exchange ideas with your classmates and to seek help from your peers.
• A credential from HBX and Harvard Business School is granted upon successful completion of CORe.
• The CORe Credential will set your resume apart and expand your network by giving you access to the impressive CORe community.
Find information on the HBX CORe learning model, curriculum, faculty, credential, learning expectations, costs and financial aid.
costs & harvard scholarships
• As a collaborating college, RISD students may be granted need-based financial scholarships from HBX. The program fee for CORe is $1,800.
• HBX will work with the RISD Financial Aid Office to review financial aid eligibility, with no further action required on your part.
• Depending on the timing of your application, admission and scholarship decisions may take up to 4 weeks.
• For students currently receiving financial aid, scholarships may be $1,500 for high need, $1,100 for medium need and $500 for low need.
risd funding for summer sessions
• The Career Center will provide $8,000 of support ($4,000 for each summer session - June & July Cohort Dates) to be distributed among select students based on their performance and remaining costs after they complete either summer session.
• RISD students accepted into each of the two summer sessions must email Kevin Jankowski, Director RISD Career Center, at email@example.com soon after they've been accepted.
• These students will be contacted at the end of each of the summer sessions and must submit their final grades to Kevin Jankowski.
• Top performing students will be selected for funding support to cover their remaining costs (after any scholarships they've received from Harvard) and until the $4,000 has been depleted for each summer session.