resources for students
• Entrepreneurial activity is happening all over RISD.
• Learn about entrepreneurial clubs, opportunities, & events for students.
E'Ship - student-run entrepreneurship club
E'Ship - RISD's Entrepreneurship Club
• RISD club empowering entrepreneurship by art and design.
• All majors are encouraged to attend weekly discussions & workshops on Sundays at 204 Westminster St).
• If you're interested in more information & updates, sign up here.
RISD entrepreneur email newsletter
• Highlights entrepreneurial workshops, events, resources & opportunities available to RISD students.
• Sent to all students every other Wednesday. Check your email!
RISD events & workshops
RISD Entrepreneur Mindshare
• Hear 10 talks by RISD alumni presented TED-style to inspire you to start your own business!
NYFA Artist Bootcamp
• This one-day event for fine artists teaches the fundamental principles of sustainability in the arts, namely finance, law, marketing, and fundraising.
Art of Business Bootcamp
• One day event with focused workshops on business planning, marketing your work, finding funding, pricing work, and more.
RISD student entrepreneurial opportunities
Brown/RISD Social Innovation Fellowship
• This program supports student fellows who are awarded $4,000 to work full-time on a social innovation over the summer.
Brown/RISD Summer B-Lab
• The B-Lab is an eight-week experiential, immersive program in entrepreneurial leadership open to Brown and RISD students.
RI Changemaker Fellowship
• A fellowship program for undergraduate student leaders who want to ignite their college community through entrepreneurship.
Design for America
• DFA is a nationwide network of interdisciplinary student teams, including RISD/Brown, using design to create local & social impact.
A Better World by Design Conference
• A student-led conference at Brown University & RISD that celebrates interdisciplinary collaboration between designers, educators, & innovators.
regional student-friendly competitions
RI Innovation Fellowship
• Rhode Island Innovation Fellows receive up to $300,000 over three years to test and implement innovative ideas that could dramatically improve an area of life in Rhode Island.
RI Business Plan Competition
• The RI-Biz Plan Competition, open to everyone, seeks to promote entrepreneurship & development of start-up & early stage companies.
• MassChallenge is a global non-profit startup accelerator and competition with a focus on high-impact, early-stage entrepreneurs.
intern & work at startups
Venture for America Fellowship
• VFA is a program for talented recent grads to spend 2 years in the trenches of a start-up with the goal to revitalize American cities.
• Over the course of a paid summer internship, KPCB Design and Engineering Fellows join tech startups, where they develop their skills and are mentored by an executive within the company.
Start Up Job Fair
• Multiple events that connect the best startups with job/internship seekers in cities such as Boston, NYC, SF, Toronto, and Chicago.
Angel List Jobs
• Search for open positions at some of the best tech start ups in the world and get matched to start ups with mutual interest in your skills.
online career library - business & freelance links
RISDENTREPRENEUR - Business & Freelance Info
• 200+ sites for entrepreneurship, business, freelance, & marketing.