• Networking is an essential part of your search for jobs & opportunities.
• Effective networking builds relationships that are critical to your career.
• Balance your networking efforts between online & in person outreach.
• Never forget to follow up & express thanks for new connections.
resources & links
• FindSpark's online and offline programming will connect you to top NYC companies, mentors, and other young pros, while teaching you the skills to find, land, and excel at your dream job or internship.
• Meetup is the world's largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. More than 9,000 groups get together in local communities each day.
• PechaKucha is as an event for young designers to meet, network, and show their work in public. PechaKucha nights take place all across the world in many major cities including Providence.